PA Level 9 - Solution Analyst - Information Technology Systems and Services
$71,390 to $78,535 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
Working as part of the ITSS Team, the Solution Analyst will complement our campus wide, service-oriented department. The Solution Analyst will be a key contributor to enterprise IT system deployment, operation, and optimization. They will contribute to the development and on-going evolution of operational metrics, designing and supporting end user reporting and data analytics solutions, contributing to data governance activities, and monitoring data standards compliance to ensure data integrity. The Solution Analyst will develop solutions to support continuous improvement, workflow and data gathering needs.
- Developing, documenting, and making operational solutions based on organizational standards
- Recommending any additional hardware or software requirements needed for successful deployments, configuration, or maintenance
- Collaborating with analysts, designers, end users and system owners in the testing of system software programs and applications including related administrative systems at UPEI
- Providing direction for the application team in support of administrative system operations
- Liaising with network administrators and software engineers to assist with design specifications, program logic, and data conversions
- Providing information that contributes to data-driven decision making by producing and presenting easy-to-understand, audience appropriate reports
- Delivering training to end users of the solutions
- Maintaining existing portfolio of reports and analytical data products
- Maintaining and developing datamarts and operational data stores to support reports and analytical data products
- Assisting in the evolution of data management policies and procedures
- Gathering and analyzing user requirements and based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end solutions
- Production control activities with regards to data integration, data processing, job scheduling, setup, and background process reporting
- Maintaining data dictionaries for the control of new and/or additional data elements
- Be an organizational change management champion for ITSS initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration, would be considered an asset
- Experience in report writing and/or data analytics
- Proficiency with a variety reporting and ETL tools (e.g., Pentaho Suite) and extensive experience writing SQL queries
- Experience in the deployment and administration of Microsoft M365 would be considered an asset
- Experience using Microsoft 365 tools such as Forms, Power BI, and Power Automate would be considered an asset
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages and web-based solution development platforms (e.g. PHP, node, Vue.js)
- Experience in data classification, privacy, and security would be an asset
- Experience in requirements gathering and business process mapping would be an asset
- Knowledge of enterprise-level applications, including ERP, CRM, data warehouses, etc.
- Customer service skills are required
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.