PA Level 6 - Client Solutions Technician - Service Desk - Information Technology Systems and Services
$51,038 to $56,129 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
IT Systems & Services is seeking a Client Solutions Service Desk Technician for our Client Solutions team. This individual will work closely with others in the team and the department in supporting the IT needs of the campus community and providing excellent customer service.
Support the ITSS service desk, use of computer hardware/software, enterprise IT systems and audio-visual systems by members of the University community, including such activities as:
- Providing excellent customer service as a member of our IT service desk
- Aiding with the use of a wide variety of computer and network- based software, hardware, and services in-person, remotely, telephone, e-mail, and collaboration tools through our Service Desk
- Diagnosing and correcting a wide variety of software, hardware, and network problems
- Triaging requests and assigning work orders/tickets to the appropriate technical support person(s)
- Documenting work performed using established departmental methods
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills through active listening skills and leading by serving
- Recommending appropriate IT solutions to stakeholders as needed including classroom/conference room audio visual and multimedia solutions
- Installing and configuring new or replacement desktop computers, mobile devices, audio/visual systems, and components using established departmental standards including imaging and configuration tools
- Installing, configuring, and supporting new technologies in areas such as Web Conferencing, distance learning environments, teaching supports, and new administrative and academic systems
- Installing and configuring software using established departmental standards
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary degree or a minimum of a two-year College diploma in an IT related field along with two year’s work experience in a client support role or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience is required
- A strong commitment to excellent client service is a fundamental requirement for this position, along with very strong communication skills, both oral and written. As well, a commitment to continuous, self-directed learning is required
In-depth knowledge in several the following areas is also expected:
- Installation, configuration, and use of computer hardware and peripherals and AV technologies
- All current versions of Microsoft Windows and Apple IOS
- Local area network equipment and TCP/IP protocols
- Internet technologies and standards
- Administration in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Installation, configuration, and use of microcomputer software including Microsoft Office, Google, and other applications
- Identification and removal of malicious software
- Web-based video conferencing
- Distance learning technologies
- Classroom teaching technologies such as Moodle
- The latest audio/visual technology and converging technologies
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience as a member of an IT helpdesk/service desk
- Experience supporting enterprise IT systems in a large-scale environment
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.