Student Office Assistants (Up to 2 Positions) - Residence Services - Ancillary Services
$13.00 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
ASAP - April 30, 2022
Residence Services is seeking up to seven (7) Residence Services Student Office Assistants for the 2021-2022 academic year (September 2021 – April 2022) to provide assistance and support to the Residence Services operation.
- Working with and providing assistance to the Assistant Manager, Residence Life for activities related to the students living in Residence
- Accepting payment from students for such things as printing or meal plans
- Accessing and operating software related to student accommodations, meal plans, and campus cards
- Receiving and responding to telephone, email or in-person inquiries
- Receiving and routing of residence mail
- Contacting students regarding packages received and distribution of same
- Computer data entry regarding online residence maintenance requests
- Providing assistance to other Ancillary Services’ office staff as required
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- A professional and positive attitude, energetic, courteous
- Good telephone etiquette and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Familiarity with UPEI’s Residence Buildings, the university campus, Charlottetown and PEI
- Comfortable with computers with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience working with cash
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekdays and some evenings
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.