Manager, Scholarships, Awards and Financial Aid - Registrar's Office - Student Experience Hub
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Students and Registrar, the Manager of Scholarships, Awards and Financial Aid is a senior managerial position in the Student Experience Hub responsible to provide leadership for all aspects of scholarship administration.
• To manage, maintain and support all aspects of scholarships administration processes from the application through the award-life cycle including, but not limited to, application design and reviews, the posting and publicity of scholarship availability, overseeing the processing of scholarship applications, awards and payments, and ensuring compliance with donor established criteria within terms of reference, and with those university funded awards
• To manage and administration of annual budget including UPEI donor awards, government award programs as well as disbursement of foreign financial aid
• To develop and review queries and reporting procedures for the review and analysis of student data and other scholarship program statistical information
• To ensure the integration of awards to best support student recruitment and retention
• To ensure the integrity of information in the student information system and in other forms of record keeping is maintained
• To develop documents, correspondence, publications, website information and social media outreach
• To prepare and deliver presentations to various stakeholders, as may be required
• To collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders in the effective stewardship of all scholarships, awards and bursaries
• University degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline required with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience. Preference will be given to those individuals with demonstrated communication skills and financial management experience
• Demonstrated leadership, independence and financial experience in budget management and government aid program administration
• Proficient communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience in relationship building and creating collaborative internal/external relationships
• Strong listening, public speaking, oral and written communication skills and proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences
• Demonstrated understanding of the importance of ethical standards of integrity, fairness, and confidentiality in all relationships as an administrator and adjudicator of processes
• Strong desire to develop and test new systems, new ways of thinking, and innovative approaches to the portfolio
• Demonstrated supervisory and managerial experience
• Proven ability to multi-task, set work priorities, track projects and meet deadlines
• Fluent in computer applications, including word processing, email, internet browsers, budget software, database programs, and presentation software
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants of this competition need not re-apply.