Intramural Officials (Up to 4 Positions) - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 6, 2022 – April 10, 2023
The Athletics and Recreation Department is looking for exceptional student staff to act as Intramural officials. We are looking for soccer and basketball officials.
- Knowledge of sport and the ability to apply the rules in a game
- Ensure you are in good physical condition to move with the play and be a in a position to make appropriate calls
- Wear appropriate uniform while on duty
- Report all incidents, concerns, problems to the Recreation Program Assistants immediately
- A current UPEI student
- Must represent the Panther Intramural program at all times in a manner that exemplifies the principles of Fair Play
- Officials must have excellent knowledge of the rules of the sport and the ability to apply the rules in a game situation.
- Ability to work well within a team
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.