Intramural Student Coordinator - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$16.10 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
August 31, 2022 – April 10, 2023
The Athletics and Recreation Department is looking for an exceptional student staff leader to assist with the planning and delivery of Intramural programming.
- Work collaboratively with the Coordinator Fitness & Wellness
- Provide quality leadership and exceptional service as Intramural Program
- Encourage and promote participation in Intramural programs and events
- Engage with various groups on campus (International office, Student Union, Student Affairs, Residences, Faculties, Societies, etc.) to ensure information is reaching students and to encourage participation
- Assist with the planning for intramural (competitive and recreational) programs and events
- Assist with scheduling intramural sport leagues
- Assist in maintaining web based IM Fusion registration and league information
- Inspect facility to insure activities are conducted safely and appropriately.
- Set up/Take down of equipment needed for intramural sports
- Handle any injuries or medical situations in accordance with the emergency action plan
- Address participant conflicts and disputes with tact and diplomacy and follow-up with supervisor
- Supervise intramural sports officials during league play
- Enforce university, department and intramural program policies and procedures
- Attend and contribute to all mandatory staff meetings and training
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of sport(s)
- Previous work experience with UPEI Intramural Program given preference but not mandatory
- Genuine interest in a variety of individuals and commitment to providing
- quality service to diverse populations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates should be reliable, self-motivated and should be able to solve problems and make decisions
- Strong understanding and awareness of UPEI Fitness and Recreation programs and services
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to deal with people
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible hours - evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification and WHMIS training
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.