Senior Employee Services Pension and Benefits Officer - Human Resources Department
May 27, 2019 to July 1, 2020 (Term may be reduced to extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Human Resources Department is seeking an energetic and motivated person to join its team. The Human Resources Department manages a comprehensive range of personnel, labour relations and human resources planning functions within the University. The work environment is high-traffic and fast-paced, and the subject matter is frequently of a sensitive and/or confidential nature.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Senior Employee Services Pension and Benefits Officer manages and administers the day to day activities associated with the full range of employee group benefits and administration of the UPEI Jointly Sponsored Pension Plan; provides administrative support and direction for the Jointly Sponsored Pension Plan Board of Trustees and Sponsor Board as well as the Supplementary Health Trust. This position offers direction to HR staff on benefits and pension; participates in the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Resource Systems in respect of pension, retirees, and benefits as well as supporting other areas of the Human Resources function and other duties as required.
• An Undergraduate Degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of five years’ related HR experience in pension and benefits administration or related experience
• Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC) or Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) would be a definite asset
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience working in a highly confidential environment with specific experience in the administration of defined benefit pension plans and employee benefit programs
• Knowledge and understanding in the application and interpretation of collective agreements as well as specific knowledge of relevant government legislation and regulations
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities with demonstrated, superior attention to detail. The successful applicant honors commitments by tracking projects and meeting timelines
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, team-building and leadership are essential. Familiarity with post-secondary educational environment an asset
• Strong mathematical skills and demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology, with specific experience using spreadsheet, database software and Human Resources Information Systems
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.