Student Guest Services Attendants (Up to 10 Positions) - Ancillary Services
$13.70 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
April 28 – September 6, 2022 (Must be available for employment up to and including Sept. 6, 2022)
The University of Prince Edward Island has a vibrant conference and accommodations operation during the summer months, and we would like you to be part of it! From May through August, we open our doors to thousands of visitors from all around the world. Our Residences turn into a successful hotel-like operation, which provides accommodations and services for a wide variety of conferences, tourists, and sporting groups. We also offer meeting space to various groups from on- and off-campus. We strive to provide the best customer service to our clients, while proudly representing UPEI, Charlottetown and Prince Edward Island.
We are looking for energetic, customer service-oriented people to join our summer operations team. Student Guest Services Attendants will act as the front-line customer service professionals to provide our guests with a great experience. You will be part of a larger team that knows how to have fun, works hard, takes pride in his/her work, and provides great customer service.
Up to 10 student positions will be available beginning in late April and continuing through to early September. “One” of these positions will be potentially dedicated to the night shift only.
- Working at the Front Desk to welcome visitors, and checking guests in and out
- Handling cash
- Assisting guests and tourists
- Customer relations
- Liaising with other service providers across campus (i.e. AV, Athletics, Facilities, Security)
- Assisting with conference events and providing support as needed to our Administration and Room Attendant teams.
- Strong customer service skills and/or experience in the tourism/hospitality industry
- Positive attitude, energetic, courteous, good telephone etiquette, and attention to detail
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Familiarity with UPEI’s residences, the University campus, Charlottetown, and PEI
- Comfort level around computers (with a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows)
- Experience working with cash
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekdays, weekends, holidays, and some night shifts
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingualism not required, but considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require all students, staff, and faculty to comply with the Covid 19 attestation and vaccination requirements as set out under the UPEI Covid 19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.