Graduate Laboratory Instructors (Up to 2 Positions) - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science
$19.75 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
January 10, 2022 – April 27, 2022
The Physics Department seeks applications for up to two laboratory instructors for the Winter 2022 term.
- Act as a general resource person for students during the laboratory, either online or in-person
- Other online laboratory assistant duties as assigned by the course instructor
- Assist the course instructor with evaluating reflective forums
- May assist the course instructor with evaluating additional written work
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program with preference given to applicants with a B.SC with a Physics major
- Previous experience as a laboratory assistant is considered an asset
- Graduate student applicants should hold a B.Sc. (preference will be given to applicants with a Physics major) and have experience in instructing introductory science labs or relevant alternative experience
Please fill out this UPEI Google form for time availability https://forms.gle/dY1ov6HUnx6h6nSf6
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require mandatory full Covid-19 vaccination for all students, staff, and faculty. Exemptions only apply for medical, religious, or cultural reasons in accordance with the UPEI Covid-19 mandatory vaccination policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.