Student Assistant - Recruitment and First Year Advising & International Student Office
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP to April 29, 2022
The Recruitment and International Student Office is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant. The assistant will report to the International Admissions Coordinator. This position will focus on providing support to all areas of the Recruitment and International Student Office.
- Provide a friendly and informative link for international applicants and their families over phone, email, and in person
- Take care of document management (hard copy and digital) with special care for protecting privacy of sensitive information
- Acquire knowledge of the basic rules of international application requirements
- Be sensitive and proactive regarding potential fraud in student applications and in protecting private information of students when contacted by people via email and phone
- Be trained to use the internal admission system database to check students’ applications and correspond with them
- Use and implement efficient administrative procedures in gmail (filters and labels), shared google applications, and other software, such as the customer service platform ZenDesk
- Practice excellent communication within the team of students and staff and within the campus community of UPEI
- Perform other duties as required
- The successful candidate will ideally be in second or third year, have cross-cultural experience and will be familiar with working in a post-secondary educational environment
- This position requires strong computer, organizational, and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), cultural competence and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- The successful candidate must be friendly, responsible, and comfortable working with a diverse student body
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require mandatory full Covid 19 vaccination for all students, staff, and faculty. Exemptions only apply for medical, religious, or cultural reasons in accordance with the UPEI Covid 19 mandatory vaccination policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.