Student Assistant - Applied Communication, Leadership, and Culture Programs
$15.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
January 3, 2022 – April 29, 2022
The Applied Communication, Leadership, and Culture Program at UPEI is seeking a part-time student assistant to work on a set of ACLC-related video production projects.
- Liaise with people who will participate in the videoed events to ensure that all parties are properly briefed about scheduling and responsibilities
- Set-up site for appropriate video production
- Video record identified workshops and presentations
- In consultation with ACLC faculty, determine content aims for finished videos
- Complete post-production tasks required to produce polished videos
- Compile and prepare the recordings to present the final products to the ACLC faculty team
- Must be enrolled at UPEI, with preference given to ACLC students
- Demonstrated experience with videography (high quality recording and editing work)
- Familiarity with professional video editing software (eg: Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well within a team setting
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require mandatory full Covid-19 vaccination for all students, staff, and faculty. Exemptions only apply for medical, religious, or cultural reasons in accordance with the UPEI Covid-19 mandatory vaccination policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.