Residence Tutors (Up to 6 Positions) - Ancillary Services - Residence Services *AMENDED*
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
November 2, 2021 – April 30, 2022
Residence Services is seeking applications for student tutors that will be responsible for running drop in sessions for residence students to ask questions about specific courses. Subjects that will be covered during the drop in sessions will include:
- 1st year Biology
- 1st year Chemistry
- 1st year Physics
- Attend and run pre-assigned evenings tutor sessions (e.g. Tuesdays 6-8pm) during the semester
- Able to tutor multiple subjects or multiple sessions of any subject
- Organize special exam prep sessions can be organized
- Answer questions and help with assignments and studying
- They may use whiteboard to explain topics to larger groups if necessary
- General knowledge of the subject and experience with the course is an asset
- Keep record of attendance to help evaluation success of program
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI will require mandatory full Covid-19 vaccination for all students, staff, and faculty. Exemptions only apply for medical, religious, or cultural reasons in accordance with the UPEI Covid-19 mandatory vaccination policy.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.