Student Assistant - Research Services
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – February 25, 2022
This position is being funded through the Federal Government's Canada Summer Jobs Program. Eligibility criteria is set by the program (see eligibility below).
The Office of Research Services is seeking a part-time student assistant who will be responsible to prepare reports and assisting with maintenance of electronic records within the data repository for UPEI Research Services under the direction of the Manger of Research Services.
- Ensure active files are up to data within the database
- Assist in creating reports in the areas of Grants and Contracts
- Action the reports in collaboration with the Research Services Team
- Student must be currently enrolled in Post-Secondary education
- Student should have strong work ethic with attention to fine detail
- Student must have experience with MS Office Suite
To meet the eligibility Criteria for Canada Summer Jobs, candidates must meet all the following criteria:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Applicants from Competition # 150S21 need not reapply
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.