Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$15.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – December 31, 2021
A research assistant position (up to 3 hr/wk) is available for an undergraduate engineering student with interest in biomedical or veterinary engineering, 3D modeling and additive manufacturing. The student will work under the supervision of Dr. Grant McSorley and in collaboration with partners with the Atlantic Veterinary College to design, fabricate and test customized surgical guides. The student will gain experience in interdisciplinary research, advanced modeling techniques and additive manufacturing.
- The student will design and fabricate customized surgical guides based on CT scans and critical dimensions
- The student will work with the AVC researchers to refine the current guide design based on test results
- The student will streamline the design process for the design and fabrication of the guides
- The student will complete a report of their findings and project results
- Enrolled in a undergraduate program at UPEI
- Good academic record and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication is required
- Proficiency in CAD is required
- Experience with additive manufacturing is an asset
- Interest in veterinary medicine and biomedical engineering is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.