Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
$15.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – December 21, 2022
A research assistant position (up to 3 hr/wk) is available for an undergraduate engineering student with interest in sustainable engineering. The student will work under the supervision of Dr. Grant McSorley and in collaboration co-investigators in the faculties of Sustainable Design Engineering and Business to complete a systematic literature review of sustainable engineering frameworks. The student will gain experience in interdisciplinary research, sustainable engineering practices and how to conduct a systematic literature review.
- The student will conduct a systematic literature review in the area of sustainable engineering frameworks
- The student will analyze and synthesize the data collected to identify current research trends and identify future opportunities
- The student will assist in the writing of a final report
- Good academic record and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication is required
- Experience with systematic literature reviews is required
- Experience in the area of sustainable engineering and sustainability mindsets is required
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.