Graduate Student Teaching Assistant - Island Studies - Faculty of Arts
$19.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP - December 19, 2021
The Master of Arts in Island Studies (MAIS) program at the University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for a student teaching for the fall term for IST-2010 – Introduction to Island Studies.
- Assisting the course instructor with grading of assignments, tests, and other materials as assigned
- Assist the instructor with providing feedback on written assignments
- Assist student to develop academic writing skills
- Must be a current MAIS or other UPEI graduate student
- Be able to write well
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be reliable and able to work independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.