Student Laboratory Assistant - Faculty of Nursing
$15.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP - April 30, 2022
The Learning Resource Centre is seeking applicants for the lab assistant position. This position reports to the Learning Resource Centre (LRC) Coordinator and will assist the Clinical Nursing Instructors in the Learning Resource Centre.
- Tutoring students
- Assisting students with resources
- Organizing supplies and equipment, setting up equipment for specific labs
- Returning equipment to the storage area following lab
- Cleaning and equipment maintenance
- Word processing, literature searches, photocopying, and filing
- Other duties as required
- Current enrollment in the first or second year of the nursing program
- Demonstrated critical thinking ability, initiative, good organizational skills, flexibility, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to accurately follow instruction and attention to detail are important skills in this position
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills is an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.