MTS Level 6 - Casual Math Tutorial - School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences
$27.29 per hour as per CUPE 1870
January 6, 2020 to April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The School of Mathematical and Computational Sciences at the University of Prince Edward Island has an opening for a tutorial assistant to be responsible for tutorials in Math 1910R during the Winter Semester.
- Attending Math 1910R tutorials to assist students
- Preparing examples and in-class assignments
- Other duties as assigned by the tutorial coordinator
- B.Sc. in Mathematics or a related field
- B.Ed. or M.Sc. would be an asset
- Experience instructing pre-calculus mathematics including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, functions, exponents and logarithms
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.