Student Assistant Office Support - Residence Services - Ancillary Services
December 3, 2018 to April 30, 2019
Residence Services is seeking a Residence Services Student Assistant for the 2018 - 2019 Winter Semester (December 2018 – April 2019) to provide assistance and support to the Residence Services operation.
• Accepting payment from students for such things as laundry or meal plans
• Accessing and operating software related to student accommodations, meal plans, and campus cards
• Receiving and responding to telephone, e-mail or in-person inquiries,
• Receiving and routing of residence mail
• Contacting students regarding packages received and distribution of same
• Computer data entry regarding online residence maintenance requests
• Working with and providing assistance to the staff of Residence Services and Ancillary Services
• Strong customer service skills
• A professional and positive attitude, energetic, courteous
• Good telephone etiquette and attention to detail
• Able to work well within a team environment
• Familiarity with UPEI’s Residence Buildings, the university campus, Charlottetown and PEI
• Comfortable with computers with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
• Experience working with cash
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including weekdays and evenings
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment, Policies and Procedures Manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.