Administrative Office Manager - Centre for Health and Community Research - Faculty of Business (Grant Funded) *Reposted*
As soon as possible for one year term (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Centre for Health and Community Research (CHCR) at the University of Prince Edward Island seeks applications for the position of Administrative Office Manager. This is a contract position until January 31st, 2020 with expected extension. The primary goal of the successful applicant is the management of all administrative duties and obligations to the funders, UPEI, collaborators and research participants.
Reporting to the Director of the CHCR, the Administrative Office Manager will have primary responsibility for the operational management of the CHCR and will serve as the primary contact in these aspects for the Centre both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be motivated by the entrepreneurial challenge of helping to further develop this unique research centre. The successful candidate will be a strategic and experienced manager with excellent organizational and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
• Manage the administration of multiple research projects, including adhering to operational policies/procedures, target monitoring, managing budgets, preparing analysis and forecasts and purchasing equipment/supplies
• Coordinate the administrative aspects of projects with members of the research team and facilitating interaction and communications among staff, sponsors, and clients
• Initiate and manage the documentation to be completed by the CHCR and its staff including tracking and reporting research progress with respect to milestones and funder requirements
• Liaise and network with key stakeholders in industry, government and the Health Care system in PEI and collaborating provinces and coordinate internal and external research communications with UPEI Communications and other media
• Supervision of Administrative Assistant
• Coordinate the review of research contracts with the funders and university staff and be familiar with contractual agreements and ensure requirements are met
• Provide funders and authorities with regular reports and updates on the status of agreements
• Help to identify opportunities for future funding and assist with the development of funding applications and manage the award acceptance process
• When applicable, design and develop surveys and use survey findings to develop actionable recommendations for various stakeholders
• Build awareness and demonstrate the value of the CHCR to stakeholders and clients and help to promote the centre through communications, presentations and events
• Work closely with the Director, the Research Project Manager, and the staff to plan and support the ongoing work of the CHCR
The successful candidate will hold an undergraduate degree and have a minimum of three (3) years of experience managing multi-partner research projects and must have the following skills:
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently with excellent time management, organizational, and oral/written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, supervisory experience, and the ability to work with others in a cooperative and collaborative manner
• Experience working with university, government, and community agencies and demonstrated success in managing relationships
• Relevant experience managing complex research projects and research grant applications
• Ability to convey information and ideas, both verbally and written, in a manner that engages people and enables them to understand, retain, and respond to issues
• Demonstrated experience in financial management of research budgets and business plan development
• Proven record of implementing organizational visions and strategies
• Ability to assess difficult situations and make timely, effective decisions based upon analysis, consultation, experience, and judgement
• Knowledge of UPEI processes, systems, and regulations will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants of Competition # 13E19 need not reapply.