Student Markers and Teaching Assistants (Up to 10 Positions) - Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 20, 2021 – April 30, 2022
The Psychology Department seeks applications for positions as student teaching assistants and markers for Introductory Psychology as well as various 2000 and 3000 level Psychology courses.
- Attending training and orientation sessions
- Marking on-line assignments utilizing marking templates and/or assist professors in proctoring quizzes and exams
- Scanning quizzes and exams using an Excel spreadsheet or a marking template and other duties as required
- Other duties as required
- Ongoing communication with instructor
- For students selected to assist with the Intro classes, recent and highly successful experience as a student in Psychology 1010 and 1020 would be an asset
- Applicants assisting with the upper-level classes, or marking on-line assignments, will generally be third or fourth year accepted psychology majors
- Strong interpersonal skills are required
- Reliability and dependability are a must
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.