EAP Instructor - Work Integrated Learning and English Language Centre
$36.00 per hour (vacation pay included)
January 6, 2020 to April 24, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The UPEI English Academic Preparation (EAP) is an intensive language program designed for students who have a conditional admission to a degree program and required to upgrade their English proficiency at the onset of their studies. An instructor is needed in the Graduate EAP stream for courses in Professional Communications and Critical Reading.
- Professional Communications (presentations, note-taking, academic discussions, listening comprehension); Critical Reading (comprehension skills required to critically analyze academic text and vocabulary)
- Formative and summative evaluation of oral and reading skills
- Curriculum development & lesson planning; planning of differentiated tasks
- Curriculum evaluation and revision
- Collaboration with teaching partner(s)
- Assisting with end-of-semester exam preparation
- Participation in staff meetings
- Upholding the policies and regulations of the EAP program
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Bachelors of Education or related degree
- Master’s degree in Education or a related degree (e.g. MA TESOL, Linguistics, English Language and Literature) would be an asset
- Teaching English as a Second Language certificate
- Experience teaching academic English pertaining to presentations, academic discussion, listening comprehension and reading comprehension at secondary or post-secondary level
- Experience teaching English as an Additional Language and/or English for Academic Purposes
- Proven excellent written and oral English proficiency
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.