Student Laboratory Assistants (Up to 4 Positions) - Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 20, 2021 – December 31, 2021
The Psychology Department seeks applications for positions lab assistants and for laboratory-based courses in Psychology (PSY 3110, PSY 3210, PSY 3320-01, and PSY 3810).
- Setting up and attending lab sessions for the assigned class
- Maintaining control of and access to the appropriate equipment for lab activities
- Other duties as required
- Ongoing communication with instructor
- Applicants should have third year standing and be accepted Psychology Majors, and must also have previously completed the course for which they serve as a lab assistant
- Applicants assisting with the upper-level classes, or marking on-line assignments, will generally be third or fourth year accepted psychology majors
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- Reliability and dependability are a must
- Completion of WHMIS training required upon hire
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.