Student Assistant - Registrar's Office - Student Experience Hub
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – April 29, 2022
The Student Experience Hub/Registrar’s Office is seeking applications for a Student Assistant.
- Front line reception-first point of contact for students and visitors to Dalton Hall
- Assist and respond to customer service emails
- Answer telephones
- Assist with email and telephone messages
- Troubleshoot and/or redirect inquiries
- Other duties as assigned
- Outgoing, friendly, personality with experience in customer service
- Experience with office/administration duties an asset
- Working experience with the myUPEI portal
- Familiarity with the UPEI Academic Regulations
- Experience with Google docs, Sheets & Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work Monday through Friday to a maximum of 15 hours per week (scheduled around successful applicant’s course schedule)
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.