Service Workers - Department of Facilities Management - To Create a Casual Employment List
$40,298 per annum as per IBEW 1928
The Facilities Management Department at the University of Prince Edward Island is seeking applicants to create a Casual Employment List of Service Workers. Employees in this class work under the direct supervision of the Cleaning Foreman in the care and maintenance of buildings and related areas.
- Cleaning and housekeeping of various buildings including AVC surgery areas
- Moving heavy furniture and equipment
- Stripping, waxing & spray buffing floors
- Vacuuming & shampooing carpets
- Remove & hang curtains and blinds for cleaning
- Cleaning & disinfecting washrooms
- Washing walls & ceilings as required
- Operating industrial cleaning equipment, and sanitary supplies
- Removing snow and debris from around entrances
- Reporting damages to supervisor
- Pick up and remove waste
- Other tasks as may be required from time to time to improve the condition and appearance of the University
- Any other such duties indicated by the supervisor
- Assignments to shifts, other than day shift, will be in accordance with the collective agreement
- Grade 12 plus sufficient physical and manual capabilities to perform the work
- Minimum two years current cleaning experience in an industrial or commercial setting is preferred
- Experience in the operation of industrial type cleaning equipment would be considered an asset
- May be required to obtain Federal Government security clearance
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.