Student Tutorial Assistants (Up to 2 Positions) - Department of Physics - Faculty of Science *AMENDED*
$13.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – December 23, 2021
The Physics Department seeks applications for approximately two student tutorial assistants for the fall 2021 term for Physics 1110.
Tutorial assistants will be:
- Acting as a general resource person for students during the tutorial
- Assisting the course instructor with evaluating written work
- Other online tutorial duties as assigned by the course instructor
- Applicants will have successfully completed the course for which they are selected to assist in the tutorial, or have relevant alternative experience
- Preference will be given to students taking Physics as their major or minor
- Previous experience as a tutorial assistant is an asset
- Students must be available for in-person work on Mondays
Fill out this UPEI Google form for time availability https://forms.gle/tBDvWzXoKdQGCVf97
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.