MTS Level 7 - Research Coordinator - Health-Centered Research Clinic - Department of Applied Human Sciences (Grant Funded)
$29.41 per hour as per CUPE 1870 (Off Scale) (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible to April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Health-Centered Research Clinic is seeking a part-time research coordinator to conduct testing using Contralateral Auditory Suppression of Transient Evoked Otoacoustic Emissions (CASTEOAE) technology for an upcoming research study. The research coordinator will use the CASTEOAE technology to measure impairments in hearing function that can arise due to a concussion in participants as they are recruited into the study.
- Required to be available within 12 – 24 hours’ notice to conduct tests as participants are recruited to the study
- Analyze and summarize CASTEOAE data after the testing phase is completed
- Teach students how to perform CASTEOAE tests with appropriate equipment
- MSc with thesis in area related to audiological testing
- Experience with CASTEOAE technology for concussion testing
- Experience in preparing students to use audiology testing equipment
- Experience in working with concussed patients
- Experience in working with human participants
- Has worked as part of a rehabilitation team
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.