Student Assistant/Mentor - Department of Work Integrated Learning
$15.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
ASAP – March 31, 2022
The Department of Work-Integrated Learning is seeking applications for the position of Student Assistant/Mentor. This is a part-time position for the 2021/2022 academic year. The successful candidate will receive training and will be mentored by Career and Work-Integrated Learning professionals to ensure an exceptional experiential learning opportunity.
- Researching, writing & organizing career-related resources
- Answering inquiries and directing students to the appropriate resources
- Monitoring and responding to a role-based Gmail account
- Helping to maintain social media
- Mentoring students on career preparation skills, such as resume writing
- Collaborating with Work-Integrated Learning, Career & Co-op staff on student career preparation
- Promoting Career Studio and Career Peer Mentor services to the campus community
- Other duties as required
- Must be a current UPEI student
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong research skills, with the ability to organize information for diverse audiences
- The ability to take ownership and be accountable to complete assigned work with good time management
- A strong attention for detail and be driven by quality and creativity
- Working knowledge and experience of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- A customer-service orientation, willingness to work one-to-one as a mentor and comfortable interacting with people from many countries
- Strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office and G Applications would be an asset
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.