MTS Level 7 - Laboratory Technologist - Department of Biomedical Science - Atlantic Veterinary College (Grant Funded)
$29.41 per hour, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible until January 20, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Biomedical Science invites applications from suitably trained individuals for the technical support position of Laboratory Technologist on a temporary part-time basis. The individual will be responsible to Dr. Paul Bernard and will provide lead technical support to multiple research projects.
- Validating and conducting: ELISAs, western blotting and immunocytochemical staining
- Data collection and statistical analysis
- Training and overseeing junior lab personnel on the aforementioned techniques
- A minimum of a MSc degree in biology or related discipline
- Expertise in immunology strongly preferred
- Experience in rodent research is highly desirable, especially as it relates to lab animal welfare
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with ELISA’s and immunocytochemistry
- Experience planning, executing, and analyzing experimental data is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and evidence of ability to maintain effective interpersonal relations
- Training of students
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.