ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - International Admissions - Office of Recruitment - Student Experience Hub
$45,224 to $49,769 per annum as per CUPE 1870
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment, the incumbent will work as part of the Recruitment Office as an integral member of the international admissions team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing friendly, professional support for international admission activities by assessing documentation and providing students with accurate and helpful information to facilitate admission and registration. The Office of Recruitment is a dynamic, fast-paced office which values collaboration and teamwork to achieve its goals.
Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated proficiency with assessing international transcripts and who have experience using UPEI’s student information systems (Recruit and Colleague).
- Reply to international inquiries about UPEI programs
- Follow up on international applicants’ submission of their academic documents
- Assess international admission applications
- Prepare and generate admissions decisions to students through established communications procedures
- Support exchange student admissions
- Input transfer credits for new international students
- Respond to queries from students regarding the status of applications
- Respond to international agents in a timely fashion
- Maintaining filing systems
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of secondary education required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, plus two (2) Year’s relevant work experience, preferably in a public University recruitment and admissions environment
- Experience assessing international transcripts is required
- Experience in the use of UPEI Information systems: Colleague and Recruit, or similar, is required
- Experience working with international students or in multicultural environments is essential
- A working knowledge and experience in common office software programs - i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Apps, and UPEI specific programs such as: MyUPEI
- Ability to establish priorities, multi-task, and work under pressure to deliver timely and exceptional service
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment, as well as working independently with minimal supervision
- Problem-solving orientation and lifelong learning mindset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.