Graduate Student Instructors (Up to 35 Positions) - Department of Biology - Faculty of Science
$19.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 7, 2021 – April 30, 2022
The Department of Biology at the University of Prince Edward Island invites applications from UPEI graduate students who are interested in instructing laboratories in the following Biology courses in the 2021-22 Academic Year:
Human Anatomy (Bio 1210)/Human Anatomy & Histology (Bio 2260), Genes, Cells and Macromolecules (Bio 1310), Zoology (Bio 2040), Ecology (Bio 2220), Plant Community Ecology (Bio 3140), Intro Physiology of Cells and Organisms (Bio 3260), Marine Biology (Bio 3910),
Human Physiology (Bio 1220), Organisms & Their Environment (Bio 1320), Microbiology (Bio 2060), Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy (Bio 3240), Molecular Biology Research Techniques (Bio 3520), Marine Community Ecology (Bio 4650)
Applicants wanting to be considered for second term only must apply now and indicate this on their application.
- Demonstrating, assisting or instructing, conducting tutorials, and marking exams and assignments
- The successful applicants will be required to participate on a weekly basis for the duration of the applicable semester
- Applicants must possess good communication skills
- Must be enrolled in a UPEI Graduate program
- Be WHMIS trained or be willing to take the training
- Must have knowledge of the course material and have an acceptable academic record (min. 2.7 GPA)
Applications will only be considered if they include the following information:
- The course(s) in which you are you interested in assisting
- The days and hours you are available to work (both afternoons and evenings)
- Your current phone number and e-mail address
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.