Aboriginal Student Mentors (2 Positions) - Student Affairs / The Webster Centre for Teaching & Leaning - Mawi'omi Aboriginal Student Centre
September 20, 2017 – April 30, 2018
The Mawi’omi Aboriginal Student Centre requires two Aboriginal Student Mentors to work out of the Mawi’omi Centre. The Mawi’omi Aboriginal Student Centre offers services and supports to First Nations, Metis, and Inuit students attending UPEI as well as cultural information and resources to the whole University community.
The successful candidates will work with the Mawi’omi Coordinator, out of the Mawi’Omi Centre and duties will include:
• Assistance in planning the annual Connecting Aboriginal Cultures Pow Wow on Campus
• Provide assistance to the Elder(s) in Residence as needed
• Social event planning
• Working with the UPEI First Nations community
• Presentations/outreach into the secondary school system and local communities
• Report writing
• Self-motivated student
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Computer skills
• Interest in working with other people, in particular Aboriginal students and youth
• Experience in research an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applications will not be accepted via email.