Graduate Student Research Assistant - Faculty of Education
$19.75 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 1, 2021 – July 30, 2022
The graduate research assistant will assist in:
- Organizing seminars and workshops for graduate students
- Reviewing and updating handbooks, surveying, and reporting on students satisfaction with the masters and doctoral program
- Leading a literature review and assisting with quantitative data analysis
- Lead the writing of a findings section of a paper and adding to the discussion section of a paper for publication
- other duties as assigned
- Be a current student enrolled in a UPEI graduate program
- A background in education is an asset
- Experience in analyzing quantitative data is a must; more specifically, experience in ANOVA and ANCOVA are required
- The research assistant must be able to work independently on UPEI campus
- Excellent academic writing skills are required
- Excellent PowerPoint skills are required to prepare a slide presentation for the study
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.