ADS - Research Assistant (2 Positions) -Centre for Health and Community Research - Faculty of Business (Grant Funded)
$52,265 to 57,551 per annum, as per CUPE 1870 (Grant Funded)
August 1, 2022 – March 31, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Centre for Health and Community Research (CHCR) at the University of Prince Edward Island seeks applications for two (2) Research Assistant positions. The CHCR works closely with researchers and stakeholders from UPEI, and other maritime universities, governments, and health authorities on projects aiming to improve the health and well being of Islanders and Island communities. Reporting to the Project Manager of the CHCR, the Research Assistants will perform various research tasks related to the completion of various projects underway at the CHCR.
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups)
- Assist with stakeholder meetings and engagement activities, including evaluation of these activities (e.g., prepare presentations and materials, participate in meetings, assist with evaluating events and processes)
- Qualitative data analysis
- Basic descriptive statistical analysis
- Assist with report and manuscript writing
- Create infographics and plain-language research summaries
- Conduct literature searches and reviews
- Assist with other research tasks as necessary (research ethics board submissions, presentations, etc.)
- Degree in social sciences or related discipline (Graduate level training would be considered an asset)
- Strong writing skills and experience in organizing and preparing reports, manuscripts, and/or other research outputs are essential
- Experience in the creation of infographics and plain language research summaries would be considered a strong asset
- Experience conducting qualitative or quantitative data collection
- Experience conducting literature searches and reviews; ability to critically review research studies, understand and interpret their results and limitations, and synthesize information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience and comfort with communicating with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team
- Knowledge of and experience with evaluation would be a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Excellent skills in word processing, email, internet searching, and spreadsheet
- Experience using Microsoft Office and related programs is an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.