MTS Level 7 - Research Technician - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College
$57,570 to $63,286 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until December 8, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications from qualified individuals for a temporary half-time position as a research technician.
- The successful candidate will provide general laboratory management and specialized research support to faculty in the areas of toxicology, biochemistry and physiology
- Minimum qualifications include a B.Sc. in an appropriate discipline, 3 years’ experience in analytical or research laboratory, and demonstrated interest in toxicological, biochemical and physiological research
- The applicant will possess skills in development/use of fluorescence and spectrophotometric methods for biochemical analyses, cell culture, molecular biology, and be willing to learn new techniques
- Experience in atomic absorption spectrophotometry and HPLC/MS will be an asset
- The applicant will be familiar with or willing to learn to handle fish
- Proficiencies in oral and written communication, data handling and analysis, laboratory management, and analytical QA/QC procedures are required
- The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- A strong understanding of the principles and guidelines of the Canadian Council on Animal Care *CCAC) and experience working in a CCAC accredited environment
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.