Project Manager - Information Technology Systems and Services *Reposted*
$89,355 to $99,071 per annum
As soon as possible to April 30, 2025 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
UPEI requires an experienced Project Manager to lead the IT activities in the creation and operation of the Faculty of Medicine at UPEI. In collaboration with Memorial University, this role is instrumental in developing and managing project scope, requirements gathering, stakeholder engagement, solutions selection and deployment and establishing the IT operational management services for this Faculty. The scope will include (but not be limited to) application and infrastructure architecture and deployment for in class and remote teaching, curriculum deployment and management, lab design and operations, health information systems as well as academic and administrative support technology enablement.
Reporting to the CIO, the project manager accomplishes project objectives by planning and monitoring project activities. The Project Manager works in close collaboration with students, staff, and faculty on the campuses of UPEI and Memorial University, external stakeholders in government, private and public sector, and vendors/consultants to ensure the project stays on track from all aspects of establishing this new Faculty.
Project Manager duties include the following:
- Establish and manage project scope and deliverables that align with organizational priorities and timelines
- Manage acquisition, design, configuration, testing, and implementation of the technology applications both current and proposed
- Liaise with staff and faculty on both campuses to ensure proposed infrastructure projects (hardware and software) is highly available, secure, sustainable, scalable, and supportable
- Ensure project and operational personnel are educated, trained and proficient in technology use and management
- Acquisition and management of third-party service providers during the lifecycle of the project as well as post project
- Create and confirm estimates of resources required to achieve goals during the project and post project operations
- Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Drive project execution: track project activities to ensure delivery, monitor & handle changes, conflicts & escalations
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Create executive & stakeholder communications to build stakeholder confidence & trust, ensure project progress arranging meetings & campus events and communications
- University degree in the field of Computer Science or Network Engineering and/or University degree in Business Management and/or, Certifications in process improvement, PMP, Lean Six Sigma and/or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Demonstrable and referenceable experience with project management of implementing large scale enterprise application and/or infrastructure projects preferably in a medical school context
- Experience within a post-secondary institution would be considered an asset
- Certification from a recognized project management institution (i.e., PMP certification) would be considered an asset, and at least 5 years of proven project management in an IT environment at the enterprise level
Assets would include
- Knowledge of hosted and on-premises enterprise applications reporting infrastructure technologies
- Experience in leading organizational change management
- Experience in information security and privacy in health data
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Project, Process Modeling, MS Office
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks is crucial
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with academic technologies in health education would be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants from Competition #107E22 need not reapply.