Student Mentors (Up to 10 Positions) - Student Affairs - Student Experience Hub
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
September 7, 2022 – April 30, 2023
Student Affairs requires student mentors to work with the Coordinator of the Gateway Program and the Learning Strategist & Program Facilitator with the Accessibility Services Team. The academic student mentors will provide support for students who are enrolled with Accessibility Services and the Gateway Program.
The successful candidate will be part of a team of individuals who provide:
- On-going academic, transition and social support for students
- Academic mentoring of students
- Scheduling one-on-one meetings with students
- Adaptive technology support
- Scanning of textbooks for Kurzweil software
- Progress reports to Coordinator/ Lead student mentor
- Mandatory attendance of monthly meetings
- Proctoring of examinations
- Provision of accommodations as per psychological educational assessments
- Self-motivated 3rd or 4th year student – (exceptional 2nd year students)
- Excellent organization, time management and study skills/techniques
- Strong marks in area of study and in good academic standing
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Student centered, dependable and reliable
- Strong computer and Moodle skills
- Knowledge of disability related issues and provision of support services considered an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.