Student Assistant - Registrars Office - Student Experience Hub
$13.70 per hour (plus 4% vacation pay)
As soon as possible to April 29, 2023
The Registrar’s Office is looking for a Student Assistant for the 2022/23 academic year. The successful candidate will be working in the Dalton Hall Student Experience Hub/Registrar’s Office.
- Provide excellent service, promptly greeting, welcoming, and directing all visitors to Dalton Hall
- Provide information to students and visitors regarding all services offered in the Student Experience Hub and elsewhere on campus
- Triage and respond to incoming email inquiries
- Troubleshoot and/or direct inquiries to best resources for assistance
- Other duties as assigned
- Outgoing, friendly, personality with ability to provide excellent customer service
- Experience with office administrative duties would be an asset
- Experience with the MyUPEI portal
- Familiarity with UPEI Academic Regulations
- Experience with Google docs, Sheets & Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Able to work Monday through Friday, to a maximum of 15 hours per week (scheduled around successful applicant’s course schedule)
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.