ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College
$52,265 to $57,551 per annum, as per CUPE 1870
August 1, 2022 to April 28, 2023 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding, and departmental requirements)
The Department of Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, is seeking applications from qualified individuals to provide administrative and operational support. The successful applicant will report directly to the Chair and will provide efficient and timely financial, personnel, and administrative services for the faculty and staff of the Department.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the department
- Represent the department as the initial point of contact and exhibit polite and professional communication via phone, email, and in-person with students, faculty, and staff
- Compose, type, photocopy and collate a wide range of documents and correspondence
- Compile and organize information for reports including department vehicle, departmental seminar series, email distribution lists
- Compile and tabulate marks for courses offered in the department
- Ensure sensitive and confidential information is maintained in a professional manner
- Maintain and order office supplies; Monitor and schedule the maintenance of general office equipment
- Monitor research accounts for faculty as needed – prepare requisitions, maintain purchase orders, review monthly printouts for accuracy, etc.
- Schedule appointments and arrange meetings; Make travel arrangements and/or accommodation reservations
- Provide frontline support to the DVM students as the point of contact in the department to answer questions regarding the program, schedule appointments with faculty, ensure confidentially of exams when reviewed
- Other duties as may be required
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably in a University environment. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience and use of computer skills with various software to include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Colleague, and MyUPEI
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communications and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and meet deadlines
- Versatility to handle frequent interruptions while dealing with multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to initiate actions and to work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with University regulations and policies will be considered an asset
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.