Student Assistant - SAVS Laundry Service (Up to 2 Positions) - AVC Dean's Office - Atlantic Veterinary College
$13.70 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
August 29, 2022 – April 30, 2023
Two students are required to operate the AVC student laundry service.
- Sorting and placing laundry on labeled shelves and preparing laundry for pick-up by the washing service
- The student will distribute clean laundry to students during the designated time periods
- The student must also keep up-to-date inventory, manage the selling and purchasing of used scrubs, coveralls and blue coats as well as keep track of the cash box
- The student will coordinate with the other student assistant in order to determine shifts
- Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in the Atlantic Veterinary College DVM program
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.