ADS Level 5 - Administrative Assistant - Sports Information - Department of Athletics and Recreation
$50,249 to $55,299 per annum, prorated to time and term as per CUPE 1870
As soon as possible until April 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Department of Athletics and Recreation is seeking applicants to fill the position of Administrative Assistant, Sports Information. This position will work with the Varsity Sport Coordinator and will report directly to the Director of Athletics and Recreation
- Participate in weekly communications meetings
- Provide on-going feedback and recommendations to enhance marketing and communications
- Write game recaps (with interviews from players and coaches) for each home game
- Prepare previews for season openers, AUS and USports Championships, and special events
- Prepare Panther promotional materials (athletics newsletters, human interest stories, community engagement, and special events)
- Prepare content for annual displays (history boards, athletes of distinction etc.)
- Prepare videos for Athletics and Recreation (athlete of the week, highlights of the week, promotional
- Develop weekly social media strategy
- Organize and populate UPEI Athletics social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube)
- Frequently monitor social media analytics to gauge the success of my content and what resonates with readers/viewers
- Create and/or locate graphics to support and enhance written material, in consultation with UPEI Marketing and Communications;
- Monitor and update gopanthersgo.ca website
- Responsible for game photography if photographer can’t make it
- Create game day PowerPoint presentations
- Live tweet during games
- Populate AUS Dropbox account with required information (recaps, photos)
- Other duties as required
- Minimum two (2) year diploma in Journalism, Marketing, Communication or Business from a recognized educational facility, or equivalent qualifications
- Relevant experience in a related field (Sports and Recreation)
- Previous experience working in the field of Communications, Journalism and/or Marketing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web pages, social media, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.