UPEI Faculty Association celebrates achievements of faculty members
The UPEI Faculty Association celebrated the achievements of faculty members at an online event held in May of this year. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the UPEIFA was not able to hold its annual faculty recognition events in-person for the 2020–2021 and 2019–2020 academic years.
Winners of the 2020–2021 awards are as follows:
• Hessian Merit Award for Excellence in Teaching: Dr. Derek Lawther, Department of Physics
• Merit Award for Outstanding Service: Dr. Frederick Kibenge, Department of Pathology and Micrology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
• Merit Award for Scholarly Achievement: Dr. Marya Ahmed, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and the Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering
• Janet Pottie Murray Award for Educational Leadership: Dr. Charlene VanLeeuwen, Applied Human Sciences and Education
The 2019–2020 award recipients are as follows:
• Hessian Merit Award for Excellence in Teaching: Dr. Susan Graham, Faculty of Business; Dr. Richard Raiswell, Department of History and Classics, Faculty of Arts
• Merit Award for Outstanding Service: Vicki Johnston, Department of Psychology and University 1000, Faculty of Arts; Dr. James Randall, Island Studies, Faculty of Arts
• Merit Award for Scholarly Achievement: Dr. Aitazaz Farooque, Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering; Dr. Trung Dung Ngo, Faculty of Sustainable Design Engineering; Dr. John VanLeeuwen, Department of Health Management, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Congratulations to everyone!