Don and Marion McDougall Hall
In recognition of the leadership support of two distinguished alumni, Don and Marion McDougall Hall acknowledges these individuals' commitment to higher education. The McDougalls are native Prince Edward Islanders and alumni of St. Dunstan's University and have generously supported their Alma Mater throughout their professional years, including a $2 million gift to the UPEI Building a Legacy Campaign.
McDougall Hall opened in fall 2008. It houses the Faculty of Business, Marketing and Communications, the Centre for Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, and the PEI Bioalliance. The award-winning 50,000-square-foot building was showcased in the August 2008 issue of Canadian Architect. The outside is clad in copper, which will weather and change colour over time. The building is designed to take advantage of energy from the natural environment, utilizing geothermal energy to both heat and cool interior space.
McDougall Hall is a favourite conference facility, with the 170-seat MacKinnon Auditorium, several smaller break-out session rooms, and Schurman Market Square which is an excellent reception area.
Building Code: MCDH
Building Number: 12
Architect: MacKay-Lyons Sweetapple Architects
Year Built: 2008
Total Area: 46,534 sq. ft. (4,323 sq. m)
- Adolph “Dolph” Scully Gathering Place
- Rm 111 - Rossiter Business Society Office
- Rm 227 - Harry E. Snow Boardroom
- Rm 231 - Albert M. Ferris Executive Boardroom
- Rm 241 - Yousef Hashmi & Julie Scales Breakout Room
- Rm 242 - Alex H. MacKinnon Auditorium
- Rm 243 - David and Doris Scales Family Lecture Theatre
- Rm 245 - Ernst & Young Breakout Room
- Rm 246 - Hennessey MacDonald Lecture Theatre
- Rm 248 - Schurman Market Square
- Louis W. MacEachern Market Street
- Rm 318 - Vector Atlantic Boardroom
- Rm 329 - Grant Thornton Lecture Theatre
- Faculty of Business
- Marketing and Communications