Research Assistant - Applied Human Sciences (Grant Funded)
$33.50 per hour plus 4% Vacation Pay, as per CUPE 1870 (Off Scale) (Grant Funded)
As soon as possible until November 30, 2020 (Term may be reduced or extended depending on performance, available funding and departmental requirements)
The Aging, Community Health and Research Unit (ACHRU) located at McMaster University is working in partnership with the University of Prince Edward Island to conduct a research study. The research study is being conducted to further assess the ACHRU’s Community Partnership Program (CPP) in diverse primary care and community settings, with diverse populations and across jurisdictions, and plan for scale-up. The CPP is a 6-month self-management intervention for older adults with diabetes and other chronic conditions and their family/friend caregivers that integrates primary, home and community care to improve Quadruple Aim outcomes: 1) population health, 2) patient/caregiver experience, 3) provider experience, and 4) cost.
The Research Assistant will work directly with patients and caregivers to collect data on this group of individuals.
• Collecting data for research purposes
• Meeting with patients and caregivers to learn about their lived experiences
• Inputting data for analysis
• Collaborating with the research team
• Coordinating and conducting structured project participant interviews
• Recording, classifying, and summarizing research data according to established procedures
• Performing other related tasks as outlined by the research coordinator
• Completed a relevant post-secondary degree
• Experience with the research process, data collection and interpretation
• Ability to travel on island for home visit interviews
• Experience working with individuals with diabetes and multiple chronic conditions considered an asset.
• Provide proof of recent criminal record check
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email..
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.