Utility Worker - Department of Facilities Management
$44,313 per annum as per IBEW 1928
Employees in this class perform tasks related to the maintenance of grounds, equipment and buildings. Assignments are varied and are completed under the supervision of a senior maintenance employee according to approved procedures. Most tasks require a limited amount of training or previous experience.
According to department requirements and priorities, duties may include:
- Moving of heavy furnishings, supplies and equipment
- Operation of snow removal and other automotive equipment
- Gardening; care and cleaning of grounds
- Waste disposal
- General maintenance and operation of equipment required to carry out assignments
- Other related duties as may reasonably be considered as coming within the duties of this class
- Grade 12 plus sufficient physical and manual capabilities to perform the work
- An equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of six months experience with various types of machinery, eg. snow blowers, lawn mowers, lawn tractors
- Valid driver’s license. (License to operate heavy equipment an asset)
- Physical ability to do the essential duties of the position
- May be required to obtain Federal Government security clearance
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website. Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.