Student Fitness & Wellness Assistant - Department of Athletics & Recreation*REPOSTED*
September – December 7, 2018 (possibility of an extension in second semester)
The Athletics and Recreation Department is looking for an exceptional student staff leader to assist with the planning and delivery of Fitness & Wellness programming.
• Provide quality leadership and exceptional service as Panther Fitness & Wellness Assistant
• Work collaboratively with the Coordinator Fitness & Wellness, creating wellness programs and activities for UPEI campus including special events (i.e. Health and Fitness Week)
• Encourage and promote participation in Panther fitness, wellness and recreation programs
• Collect and submit program reports: manage and update accurate records of participation and schedules
• Create and lead a walking/jogging club for UPEI students, staff & faculty
• Prepare and lead presentations on the benefits of physical activity
• Engage with various groups on campus (International office, Student Union, Student Affairs, Residences, Faculties, Societies, etc.) to ensure information is reaching students and to encourage participation
• Handle any injuries or medical situations in accordance with the emergency action plan
• Address participant conflicts and disputes with tact and diplomacy and follow-up with the supervisor
• Enforce university, department and fitness program policies and procedures
• Attend and contribute to all mandatory staff meetings and training
• Other duties as assigned
• Enrollment in UPEI Kinesiology program or other health related field is an asset
• Genuine interest in a variety of individuals and commitment to providing quality service to diverse populations
• Strong understanding and awareness of UPEI Fitness and Recreation programs and services
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Candidates should be reliable, self-motivated and should be able to solve problems and make decisions based on the Principles of Panther Pride
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Excellent ability to deal with people
• The ability to work in a team environment
• The ability to work flexible hours - evenings and weekends
• The ability to work independently
• Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
• WHMIS training
All applicants must complete an Application Form and submit along with their class schedule, cover letter and resume.
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
Applicants fom Competition #98S18 need not apply.