Service Desk Student Assistants (3-5 Positions) - Robertson Library
Academic year 2018 – 2019 (Possible renewal for subsequent terms, based on job performance and employment eligibility)
The Robertson Library requests resumes and cover letters addressing the responsibilities and qualifications in this job posting for student positions for the 2018 – 2019 academic year. This competition will also create a list for possible future openings that will remain in effect until December 30, 2018. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
• Successful candidate will learn how an academic library’s Service Desk operates through involvement in a wide range of library routines and workflows, including: signing out and checking in resources, re-shelving resources, responding to directional, technical support, and library-related questions on the phone and in-person, and other duties as required
• Successful candidates will have the opportunity to assist library patrons in the use of hardware and software technology such as Windows PCs and Macs, printers, scanners, Microsoft Office applications, wireless connectivity, campus-supported web services such as Moodle and Gmail, multimedia equipment and document and microform scanners/readers
• Successful candidates will also participate in the basic maintenance of these products and services and will assist library staff with projects as assigned and other duties as required
• An open and willing attitude
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to take direction and show initiative
• Ability to perform repetitive work while retaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Physical ability to handle heavy library materials, books, carts, etc. and to stand for extended periods of time
• Experience using Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides), MS Office suite, and Moodle
• Experience resolving issues with devices (eg. Printers, scanners etc.)
• Experience working in an academic library or related public service experience, and working with cash would be an asset
• Customer Service experience would be an asset
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.