Student Assistant - Department of Biomedical Sciences - Atlantic Veterinary College
July 6, 2018 – July 26, 2018
The Department of Biomedical Sciences is looking for a summer student to carry out a study on calcium uptake/release and reactive oxygen species (ROS) emission by mitochondria.
The project is entirely lab-based and will involve:
• Isolating mitochondria from rainbow trout liver
• Measuring mitochondrial calcium uptake/release and ROS emission
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• The successful candidate must have completed university-level courses in biology, biochemistry or toxicology and have interest/experience in biological sciences
• Experience isolating mitochondria and using Oroboros Flurespirometer is required
Priority is given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr).
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority. The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment.
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.