Student Assistant (Up to 2 Positions) - Faculty of Education
Two month term
Dr. Miller in the Faculty of Education is seeking one or two student assistants to develop instructional videos for mathematics during the period of June to July, 2018.
- Select a mathematical concept and prepare a 1 to 2 minute animated video that demonstrates the mathematical concept. The animation will bring the mathematics to life and will hold the views attention (grades 3 to 9). The video must be original and unique
- The selected candidates will work independently reporting their progress each week
Please see the website MathinMotion.ca (Two Ways to Divide video) for an example of our short video series.
- Ability to use animation software to create short-videos
- Understanding of mathematics (up to grade 8)
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity in animation
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please contact Dr. Miller for a list of mathematic concepts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applicants are asked to submit a short proposal conceptualizing their video using a storyboard and a budget along with their CV.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.