Student Assistant - Content Creator - Robertson Library
May – August 24, 2018
Working primarily with the Metaliteracy and Student Engagement Librarian, the Robertson Library seeks an enthusiastic and creative student with experience related to the creation of media (audio, video, and imagery), experience with online media platforms, who is a clear communicator and has good project management skills.
The Content Creator supports the Robertson Library by creating written, audio and video resources for a variety of projects. One of the key roles will be to help create a portal that provides access to resources concerning all aspects of academic integrity (plagiarism, etc.) for students, faculty, and staff. The portal will be created with universal design in mind, providing a variety of methods/platforms for the user. The Content Creator will be required to:
- Create storyboards
- Record and edit audio/video
- Record workshops and lectures
- Create and revise PowerPoints
- Scout locations and curate sets
- Carry out research and writing tasks (eg. revise scripts, create transcripts/captions)
- Attend planning meetings
- Experience using video and audio editing software
- Experience using image editing software (eg. Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop)
- Experience using online media platforms as a creator (eg. YouTube or Vimeo)
- Experience using social media platforms
- Computer literacy: familiarity with core computer applications, and experience using both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Knowledge of a web-based content management like Drupal would be an asset
Priority will be given to University of Prince Edward Island students in accordance with Recruitment, Selection, Hiring and Employment Policies and the Procedures manual.
Please submit electronically a cover letter quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date, via the link posted on the UPEI Human Resources website (www.upei.ca/hr/). Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, or fax it to (902) 894-2895.
In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, all qualified student candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and full-time international students with a valid study permit will be given priority.
The University of Prince Edward Island is committed to gender equity in employment. Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.